Economy & Privatization
The Role of the Private Sector in Research & Development: A Case Study of Saudi Arabia
In this research project, we have explored empirical evidence related to causes and consequences of the low R&D spending in Saudi Arabia, particularly from private sectors. We explored the relationship between R&D spending, total factor productivity, and global competitiveness through econometric analysis of international data. We also surveyed design and implementation among major Saudi companies to understand factors determining low R&D spending by the private sector.
World Economic Forum Executive Opinion Survey (EOS)
- Investment in the infrastructure is required to support transformation to digital infrastructure.
- Shifting to green economy through transition to green energy systems.
- Providing incentives for long-term investments.
- Shifting to a more progressive taxation system.
- Enhancing the public services for improved education, labor law, and income support.
- Creating markets for tomorrow through research, innovation, and invention.
Get in Touch
If you have any questions or queries a member of staff will always be happy to help. Feel free to contact us by Telephone or email and we will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.